Held in partnership with the New Local Government Network (NLGN), this session will explore how local authorities and communities have responded to COVID-19 and what their actions might mean for the future relationship between public services and the neighbourhoods in which they operate.
Joining us will be:
- Adam Lent, Director, NLGN (chair)
- Maddy Pritchard, Chair of Big Warsop (a Nottinghamshire-based community group)
- Jon Alexander, author of forthcoming book ‘Citizen: Biography of an Idea’
- Amanda Askham, Director of Business Improvement and Development, Cambridgeshire County Council
- Helen Buckingham, Director of Strategy and Operations, Nuffield Trust
The event will be held via Zoom and joining instructions will be sent to attendees beforehand.
To submit questions ahead of the discussion, please email: Jessie at email@example.com
For some food for thought ahead of the event, take a look at this short blog by Luca Tiratelli and Charlotte Morgan from NLGN.
By looking at the issues that are affecting communities now, this event series hopes to better understand how communities can not only respond to COVID-19 but renew and increase their resilience following it. Future sessions will look at food security, mental health, digital connectivity and the shifting values and ideas emerging as a result of the pandemic.
This event is open to all and will be relevant to individuals and organisations working in or with communities, thinking about the challenges and opportunities they face and what this means for their future.