Worle is a natural neighbourhood in coastal Weston-super-Mare. It comprises Magdalen Way and Tavistock Road, and part of both Yarlbury Way and Silverberry Road. The population of the area is approximately 3,526 people.
We believe that an ongoing investment of money, skills, training and time - put into resourcing the people who live, work and volunteer in the Big Worle area - will help Worle to become an even greater place to live, one where people continue to choose to bring up their families and establish their lifetime homes.
Driven by residents and community research, our action plan is evolving. Consultation and research has made clear the priorities most in need of investment.
Our action plan aims to help Big Worle by investing in these priorities:
- Improved communication between local people
- Make the area safe and friendlier
- Develop local skills and training, employment
- Eliminate health inequality and promoting healthy lifestyles
- Increase activities for children and young people
- Tackle social isolation - particularly of vulnerable adults, those with disabilities, the elderly and young people and those who care for them
- Improved open spaces
- Improved access to community meeting places
Most of all, we want to bring people together.