North West Ipswich Big Local embraces the three wards of Whitton, Whitehouse and Castle Hill. Following an extensive promotional campaign, 24 residents have come forward to form the People’s Panel. Panel members have participated in a training and development programme, developing skills and knowledge which will assist them in their decision making role.
We have now published a refreshed Big Local plan for 2014 – 2018, setting out our vision for North West Ipswich ‘to bring real improvements to the community and to the lives of people living in it.’
To meet our vision we have set out ten objectives:
- To bring people together from across the area to socialise, learn and develop new skills
- To enable people to develop mechanisms to increase participation to better influence the provision of services
- To work in collaboration with parents to develop skills and knowledge, which provide improved support for their children
- To support young people to realise their full potential, increasing their life chances
- To provide the necessary support to older people to tackle social isolation, maintaining physical and mental health
- To increase interaction between older and younger people living in the NW Ipswich area
- To increase the use of existing community facilities to provide a diverse and interesting menu of activities, which all members of the community can participate in
- To increase the engagement and participation of people living and working in the NW Ipswich area, in community activity
- To reduce high interest doorstep lending by providing access to alternative, reputable, value for money financial services
- To encourage healthy lifestyles through a variety of approaches to reduce the risks of ill health.