Skip to Main Content


Any activities that you carry out as part of Big Local need to have insurance cover. In most cases, this will be provided by your locally trusted organisation.

However, there may be occasions when activities or events that you want to organise – as a group of volunteers or as the Big Local partnership – will not be covered by your locally trusted organisation. In this case, you will need to organise your own insurance. These notes provide some guidance.

Your locally trusted organisation and insurance
Your Big Local partnership and insurance
Are we covered by Local Trust
Getting insured

Related guidance