Launching in 2021, this new learning cluster is aimed at supporting Big Local areas to promote digital inclusion within their communities.
The cluster will consist of a series of online events facilitated by Just Ideas; an organisation that knows Big Local really well, and supports community groups to develop innovative ideas and transform them into meaningful action.
The first session will take place on the 10th February between 9:30 – 12:30pm. It will be a standalone event which people are welcome to whether they have decided to join the cluster or not. At that session we will look at the five key factors that can lead to digital exclusion and how they might be impacting your community, to help you identify the priority for your Big Local. For those of you who want to go deeper into exploring the causes and impacts of digital exclusion, and what your Big Local can do about it, you can then join up to the full cluster.
The cluster will be a further six events over the course of 2021 giving you the opportunity to work in depth with the facilitators and other Big Locals to develop your understanding of why digital inclusion really matters, and what Big Local partnerships can do about it. We hope attendees of the full cluster will be able to commit to the majority of sessions in order to get the most out of the cluster.
What will you get out of it?
Through participation, attendees will:
- Build a greater understanding of the causes and impacts of digital exclusion on different groups of people
- Gain ideas, inspiration and resources to help support digital inclusion in their communities
- Learn more about why mindset matters, how to develop and promote a digital mindset, and how to reach those people who feel that the digital world “isn’t for them”
- Collaboratively develop creative ways Big Local partnerships can make a difference
- Feel enthused and have the ideas and tools to go back to their local communities and make a difference
How to sign up
If you are interested in taking part in this series or just the first session, please sign up here or you can email us. During registration you can choose whether you want to sign up for the full cluster or not.
Learning & Networking events are open to all those living and working in Big Local areas, but we do expect attendees to bring some knowledge of the Big Local programme with them and use their learning to support the delivery of projects in their area.