In the UK there are still 1.7 millions households who don’t have access to the internet and are digitally excluded. In the socially distanced world of COVID-19 this issue has become more important than ever.
To help get as many Big Local residents connected as possible we’ve partnered up with the Good Things Foundation. Good Things Foundation are the UK’s leading digital inclusion charity, supporting people to grow their digital skills and overcome social challenges.
They run a number of initiatives we’re sure Big Locals will find incredibly useful. From digital training, to free devices for those most in need of them.
This online session with the Good Things Foundation was a introduction; a chance for them to explain what they offer and how Big Locals can join their network. The presentation will covered:
• Who the Good Things Foundation are as a charity and what their aim is
• What the Online Centres network is and how to join
• Information about Learn My Way training
• The ‘membership offer’: funding opportunities, training and much more
• Details about campaigns such as Get Online Week
• Section on funding and opportunities such as ‘Devices Dot Now’
There’s an incredible amount of value packed into this short session with a short Q&A at the end.
Please note this session has passed. However you can re-watch the recording through the link below.
Watch the recording of this session here