In the UK there are still 1.7 millions households who don’t have access to the internet and are digitally excluded. In the socially distanced world of COVID-19 this issue has become more important than ever.
To help get as many Big Local residents connected as possible we’re partnering up with the Good Things Foundation. Good Things Foundation are the UK’s leading digital inclusion charity, supporting people to grow their digital skills and overcome social challenges.
They run a number of initiatives we’re sure Big Locals will find incredibly useful. From digital training, to free devices for those most in need of them.
We’re running an online session with the Good Things Foundation, as a chance for them to explain what they offer and how Big Locals can join their network. The event format will be a presentation from Good Things Foundation followed by a Q&A. The presentation will cover:
• Who the Good Things Foundation are as a charity and what their aim is
• What the Online Centres network is and how to join
• Information about Learn My Way training
• The ‘membership offer’: funding opportunities, training and much more
• Details about campaigns such as Get Online Week
• Section on funding and opportunities such as ‘Devices Dot Now’
There’s an incredible amount of value packed into this short session with enough time for questions at the end.
Sign up now