It’s very easy to think about the numerous ways £1m could make a big difference to people living in Greatfield. But while exploring the Greatfield Vision and following the Big Local Pathway, the steering group acknowledged change can only happen if people are part of it; therefore we need to create the foundations that encourage and support residents to be part of Big Local.
Each action will ...
- create opportunities within the community by working in partnership with others
- include local people in the planning and implementation
- explore sustainable options beyond Big Local funding
- leave a lasting legacy.
The steering group are not risk adverse and would like to encourage many creative community or business ideas from local people. If you have an idea that could have an impact on the Greatfield vision, the Big Local steering group will:
- provide you the support to develop it further
- suggest links to other groups, individuals or support networks with similar interests and experience
- explore different funding opportunities as well as models of best practice
- advise on recruitment, training of volunteers and/or staff to help make your idea grow.