Big Local is an exciting opportunity for residents in 150 areas around England to use at least £1m each to make a massive and lasting positive difference to their communities. Big Local brings together all the local talent, ambitions, skills and energy from individuals, groups and organisations who want to make their area an even better place to live.
Big Local is funded by the Big Lottery Fund and managed by Local Trust. Nationally we work with a range of partners to deliver Big Local, building on the skills and experiences of others to provide expert advice and support for residents.
Big Local outcomes
- Communities will be better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them.
- People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future.
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises.
- People will feel that their area is an even better place to live.
What's it not about
- It’s not about your local authority, the government or a national organisation telling you what to do.
- It's not about individual groups fixing their favourite problem without talking to a wide range of different people who live and work in the community.
- It's not about short-term thinking – you’ve got 10 years or more to plan and deliver the best options for your area.