An event for Big Local Workers
At least 135 Big Local areas have one worker or more, with over 250 workers employed across the whole programme. This makes workers the second biggest Big Local stakeholders after residents, and this event will celebrate the important contribution workers are making to Big Local.
It will also:
- Explore the Big Local big picture, and the key role we all play both now and in the future.
- Connect Big Local staff with workers in other areas – providing and promoting opportunities to network and to learn from each other, share experiences and solutions. The agenda for the day has been developed by workers and they will lead and facilitate some of the sessions.
- Support workers to maintain positive relationships between partnerships, partners and stakeholders.
- Promote awareness and understanding of key guidelines and processes. At this stage of the programme it’s even more important that workers have a good grasp of relevant Local Trust guidelines, so this will be an opportunity to refresh your knowledge and learn about some recent changes.
- Provide an opportunity to think about future support you would benefit from
- Take part in some role specific training.
Big Local workers are busy people and time is precious.
We know it can be hard to make time for learning and networking events alongside getting things done in your area, so it’s really important these events are valuable to you and worth you investing that time. To ensure that happens we’ve designed this event in partnership with a group of experienced Big Local workers, who will also lead and facilitate on the day.
Who should attend?
This event is dedicated time for workers to share their learning with one another, and to build and strengthen networks. Up to two spaces are available to each Big Local area for their workers, and we can offer a place on the waiting list for any additional staff members.
We suggest the event will be most relevant to those in roles such as community development or engagement, Big Local programme management, project coordinators or administrators. The day will be less relevant for LTO staff with responsibility for the Big Local grant, but we will be running additional sessions especially for LTO staff soon.
If you have any questions please email us email@example.com or phone 020 3588 0565
To enable more people to participate we will be holding this event at two locations (north and south) and over two dates.
Tuesday 4 February 2020 – Coin Street London
Thursday 6 February 2020 – The Studio Manchester
Content for both dates is the same.
To support effective networking and to reduce our environmental impact Big Local staff are encouraged to attend their nearest session, however we recognise many workers are part time so it may be necessary to attend based on your availability.
Does it cost anything to join?
The programme is open to anyone employed or contracted to work on Big Local, and free to attend. Travel costs will be covered by Local Trust but please contact us to discuss covering any other costs (accommodation, childcare etc).
Register for the Manchester event