Our new learning cluster is supporting Big Local areas to tackle social isolation and loneliness in their communities.
This learning cluster will meet four times over a year and participants will:
- Grow a greater understanding of the causes and impacts of loneliness and social isolation among different groups of people.
- Gain a strong set of practical tools and ideas to alleviate isolation in local areas.
- Share innovative ideas and interventions with other Big Local areas
- Have established connections with experts to draw on.
- Feel enthused and prepared to go back to their local communities and make a difference.
The first session will cover the causes and impacts of loneliness and social isolation. Learn what is happening on this issue in policy and research spheres and share your own experiences of loneliness and isolation in Big Local areas. Ahead of the first session, you will have a chance to chat with our facilitators so they can get an understanding of your experience and what you hope to get out of the cluster.
Does it cost anything to join?
The programme is free to join and costs for residents associated with attending sessions (e.g. travel, accommodation, childcare) will be covered by Local Trust. For non-resident attendance, we ask that your employer cover your expenses. We understand that it is a two-day event and may necessitate an overnight stay between the two days. We don’t want that to be a barrier to your attendance so please get in touch with us if you have any concerns.
Who can join?
Two spaces are available per Big Local area. Anyone that lives or works in a Big Local can attend, but it’s expected that the cluster topic has been raised as an issue in your community. Priority will be given to those who have not participated in a learning cluster in the past and have prioritized this issue in their Big Local plan.
About Learning and Networking with Big Local
Learning and Networking with Big Local aims to foster skills, enthusiasm and connections. Open to all Big Local areas, we invite you to take part and share your ideas.
If you have any queries please email us