Local Trust, our partners and people in Big Local areas are passionate about what we’re doing.
We believe that Big Local has the potential to support residents to increase their skills and confidence and make a lasting difference to where they live. We think Big Local is new, different and exciting; building on previous community-based regeneration programmes and putting power and control in the hands of those who live in the areas.Critically, our ambition is not simply to deliver a programme, but to shape and influence policy and practice through shared learning from the Big Local programme. More information about Big Local can be found here
We are supporting people that volunteer in Big Local areas who are looking to develop their skills and confidence around leadership. We are in the process of appointing a small consortium to work with us to create a new Community Leadership Academy for residents of Big Local areas looking to develop their leadership skills. The intention is that the Community Leadership Academy should, in time, provide the basis for the development of a wider, commercially sustainable support offer for community leadership that has relevance to people working in other communities across the country beyond those areas benefiting from Big Local.
The successful evaluation and learning contractor will be an experienced research professional, organisation or consortium with good understanding of community leadership, Big Local and Local Trust’s values, ethos and approach to creating resident-led change. We need high quality, appropriate and flexible evaluation and learning support, as well as a passion and commitment to our work. More information on Local Trust, Big Local and the support we offer Big Local communities can be accessed here: www.localtrust.org.uk
The successful contractor will be expected to adopt a dual focus for the evaluation and learning. They will support Local Trust and our delivery partners to learn from our practice of delivering the Community Leadership Academy and make changes to delivery. They will also draw out and present learning to support the vision of extending the Community Leadership Academy beyond Big Local.
Please include the following information within your proposal, clearly setting out the following using the numbering below:
- A detailed description of how you would approach the work and deliver the support, including outcomes of your support and what Local Trust and the Community Leadership Academy delivery partner would get out of working with you.
- A description of your knowledge and experience of the volunteering and community sector and how you will use it to work with Big Local areas.
- Your understanding of community leadership and how you gained your knowledge.
- A timeline for the work, indicating when you would plan to deliver different activities. This should include key milestones in the project and deliverables against each of these.
- A detailed budget including all costs, expenses and VAT, specifying all day rates, the number of days proposed and cost of particular activities.
- Details of the staffing you propose for the work. A description of the team’s skills which outlines how you meet the skills requirements, including CVs.
- Details of how you will project manage and quality assure your work.
- The contact details of two previous clients with direct knowledge or experience of your work relevant to this contract. Please specify how the referees know your work and if they can be contacted by us straightaway.
- An overview of you and/or your organisation: charity, company or other reference or registration number; summary annual income and expenditure for the 2018/19 financial year; projected income for 2019/20; membership of trade bodies, kite marks or awards relevant to this contract.
- A statement on how you would ensure compliance with GDPR regulations.
- Any other relevant information that will assist us in our decision.
- Your contact details, including email address and phone number.
Proposals should not exceed 18 pages and fonts should be a minimum of size 11.
Submitting a proposal
Please send your proposal as a PDF document to: email@example.com
Please include ITT: COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY as the subject line
Proposals to be submitted by: Friday 30 August 2019 at 9.00am (UK time)
Any questions relating to this ITT should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line QUERY: COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY.
Following this process, we intend to shortlist potential contractors and may invite a small number for interview on Tuesday 10 September 2019.
Download the full brief