At Allenton Big Local (Derby) we are delighted that our first plan was approved by Local Trust in January 2014. This was after a fruitful phase of linking with local people and businesses to find out about the needs and aspirations in the area. Our second plan which runs for three years was endorsed in April 2016.
Our vision for Allenton Big Local area is for a stronger community by bringing about visible change through raising aspirations, opportunities and skills.
The plan focuses on three priorities:
- strengthening the community
- improving life skills
- creating opportunities for training and employment.
Through our planning process, the following guiding principles helped determine our priorities for action:
- arising from community need
- enhance the life changes across the community
- added value – money, people-power
- adding to ‘community glue’
- keeping the money in the community
- the best we can
- sharing our vision and commitment
- across all ages
- longer term benefit/legacy.