Small but powerful changes
Big Local areas are invited to apply to work with Behavioural Insights Team
Big Local areas are invited to reach and engage more residents by working with the Behavioural Insights Team.
A new support offer for Big Local areas will explore how insights about human behaviour – from psychology and behavioural economics – can help to increase participation, impact and understanding about what motivates people to get involved.
Big Local areas are invited to apply before 31 January 2018, and five will be selected to take part in the pilot project in partnership with Local Trust and the Behavioural insights Team (BIT). BIT will provide these areas with tailored expertise and intensive support as part of an exciting 12-month project.
Big Local areas will work with BIT to identify objectives for their projects, which could include attracting people to join a Big Local partnership, increasing volunteer recruitment, driving up attendance at an event or building footfall at a community centre.
Essential information for Big Local areas:
- Open to all Big Local areas to apply.
- Application deadline is Friday 31 January 2018.
- Five areas will be selected for the initial pilot project, which will last 12 months.
- Participating areas will contribute £30,000, match funded by Local Trust, towards the £60,000 project costs
- Projects will start from March 2018.
About this support offer
Local Trust’s partnership with BIT is one of a range of new opportunities offering Big Local areas support for resident-led local transformation. Together, they give Big Local areas:
- connections to new resources and networks
- specialist technical advice tailored to local needs
- access to fresh or innovative approaches.
The priorities and interests of Big Local areas vary and one size doesn’t fit all. If support from the Behavioural Insights Team isn’t right for you, look out for more opportunities that we will be announcing soon.
How to apply
Application form (Word)