About this event
This event will inspire you to think ambitiously about the role of land projects in creating a legacy and sustainability for your Big Local projects. The day will help you to explore opportunities, possibilities and challenges of land management, and the support available to accelerate your ideas to the next level. You will be able to network with other Big Local areas and learn about what they are doing with land.
This event is run by Shared Assets, an organisation that specialises in helping groups to acquire and manage land for the benefit of their communities. Shared Assets will be conducting research into Big Local areas’ land management ambitions before the event, so they can present relevant and useful ideas and advice on the day. Whether or not you can attend the event, you can contribute to their research survey here to share your knowledge and experience on this topic.
Who is this for?
It’s open to Big Local volunteers and to Big Local workers looking to support groups in asset management. You can attend if your Big Local area is currently involved in land or asset management, or if you have aspirations to do this in the future.
It will benefit Big Local areas who are considering the following kinds of land use:
- Food growing
- Parks and playgrounds
- Waterways and coastal areas
- Public space, including disused roads and railways
And those who would like help with:
- Understanding planning policy Understanding how others have gained access to land
- Collective decision-making about land
- Finding the right legal structure to own or manage land
- Creating sustainable business models for land that has always been publicly funded
- Finding alternatives to selling off sites
During the day you will:
- Hear feedback on and discuss Shared Asset’s research into land management projects underway in Big Local areas, the opportunities Big Local areas identify and the challenges they face.
- Brainstorm with attendees to uncover further ideas on challenges, opportunities and support.
- Build networks with your peers.
- Hear about inspirational projects.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. A more detailed timeline for the day will be available nearer the time.
More about this event
The event is free for anyone who lives or works in a Big Local area and we will provide lunch. We also provide financial support for travel, childcare and other care costs to residents in Big Local areas. We can also book and pay for travel in advance. For information on expenses and support, please contact email@example.com or phone 020 3588 0565.
If you are attending a Big Local event as part of your paid work/employment then we ask that your employer cover your expenses. However, we can pay or contribute towards worker’s expenses in exceptional circumstances. Please ask when booking for further information.
Following the event Shared Assets will be launching an open call for Big Local groups who would like a support package from Shared Assets, which will be paid for in part by the Big Local area but will be match funded by Local Trust. This will piloted in Spring 2018. If you think you might be interested in the support offer, we strongly encourage you to attend this event as it is a good way to get to know Shared Assets and disucssions on the day will help to shape the support package they will offer.
Interested in participating? Want more information?
This event is being organised for Local Trust by Shared Assets.
Book your place today on via Eventbrite.